Conferences – see you there!
Catch us at one of these locations for our panels, demos of games and interactive stories, Q&A for library applicants, and just to say hi.
- American Library Association’s annual conference in Washington, DC. June 23-28, 2022. Come get a tour of the Makerspace at DC Public Library too, just a short walk from the venue.
- Games for Change Festival will be July 13-14 in NYC. We have a panel and will be running a networking session. The panel will be on July 14 at 1:45pm (“Place-based Games for Social Impact and Communities”) with Benjamin Stokes and Hazel Arroyo. Our networking session will also be on the 14th from 4:45-6:30pm for those interested in games tied physical neighborhoods and place-based communities.
- The Joint Conference of Librarians of Color (JCLC). October 5-9, 2022 in St. Pete Beach, Florida. We will have a presentation on Oct. 8 at 9am, led by Alexandra Genia and Victor Benitez of DC Public Library. Our session title is “Engaging Beyond Our Walls: Libraries as Hubs for Making Neighborhood Games and Storytelling.”
- ARSL, the Association of Rural and Small Libraries, will be in Chattanooga, TN, September 14-17, 2022. Our session will be first thing on the morning of September 17th, and is titled “Engaging Beyond Our Walls: Libraries as Hubs for Making Neighborhood Games & Outdoor Storytelling.” It will be led by David Quick of DCPL and Benjamin Stokes of AU.
- The Game Studies division of NCA, the National Communications Association, will be November 17-20, 2022 in New Orleans, LA. Our paper proposal went through peer review and is titled, “Embedding Playfulness in Place Together: Co-Design Uses and Gratifications across Three Neighborhood Games”